Friday, June 5, 2009

Essie Perky Purple and Color Club Where's the Soiree

So, everyone's getting with matte-finish polishes this fall right? OPI, Misa, Zoya, not to mention the awesomeness of ManGlaze or Knock Out's stunning and expanding line of colors. I want them. I want them all.

I was using my Perky Purple for the first time. I noticed that the first coat was streaky and thick. And when it dried, it dried in a flat, matte finish. I wondered if I could make it work, and contrast it with a super-shiny, super-dark polish. I ended up using four coats of the purple, trying to even out the brush strokes. I also planned to use the shiny top coat on it when I got home, but since it chipped right as I was reaching into the box to get the top coat to apply. Good grief, that is a long and ugly sentence. So, here's a glimpse at what I achieved:



No comments:

Post a Comment