Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lancome Le Magnetique Bordeaux Esmee and China Glaze Platinum Silver

And lo, the angels did sing, and the heavens did part, and the Ebay and the USPS did deliver unto me a Lancome magnetic nail polish. From the fall 2007 collection, please welcome the newly beloved Bordeaux Esmee to the big box o'polish. SCIENCE MANI/PEDI!

This polish has metallic particles in it. It comes with a magnet attached to the tiny bottle. I mean SRSLY:

granted, I do have giant man-hands, but still...

You put on one coat, and let it dry. You put on the second coat, and while it's still wet, you hold the magnet to it for five seconds. It creates a lovely starburst design. Then, I layered Seche Vite over it, so it looks like tiger's eye gemstones on my nails. The design was quite difficult to accomplish on the pigs, so once again, I'm showing you the matching manicure. I'll more often than not show you both from now on. Behold:

the pigs (which I am very meh about, just because the design was difficult to achieve and all)



and, the mani, which came out awesome, because I got better as I went. By the time I got to my right thumb nail (always painted last), I had figured to kind of turn the magnet for a bigger design. Neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment